Elks Park Workshops
|Elks Park stage in Telluride
(photo Benko Photographics)
A long-standing Telluride tradition, workshops are presented during the 4 days of the Festival. These intimate events bring together unique musical collaborations and more informal performances from festival artists as well as the preliminary rounds for both the Telluride Troubadour and band contests.
These events are presented free to all Festivarians at Elks Park, located on the south side of Colorado Avenue directly across from the Sheridan Opera House.
2016 Elks Park schedule
We're excited to announce the schedule of workshops and performances during the 2016 Telluride Bluegrass Festival...
- Thursday, June 16, 2016
- 11:00am — New Horizons: Local Kick-Off
- 12:15pm — Troubadour Contest: Preliminary Round
- 2:00pm —Caitlin Canty: Performance
- 3:15pm — Kruger Brothers: Arranging for Small Ensemble
- 4:30pm — Punch Brothers: Happy Hour
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- 10:00am — Band Contest: Preliminary Round
- Noon — Haas Kowert Tice: What's a Haas Kowert Tice?
- 1:30pm — Bryan Sutton: Sharing Tunes, Life Lessons & Other Stuff
- 2:45pm — Troubadour Contest: Final Round
- 3:45pm — Edgar Meyer & Béla Fleck: Fingers
- 4:45pm — Troubadour Contest: Winners Announced
- 5:00pm — Jake Jolliff, Radim Zenkl & Sierra Hull: Mandolin Union
- Saturday, June 18, 2016
- 10:30am — Michael Hornick, Bobby Wintringham & Friends: Instrument Building
- Noon — Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 1:30pm — Edgar & George Meyer: Hi-Low
- 3:00pm — Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 4:30pm — Shane Koyczan & Friends: Poetry & Sound
- Sunday, June 19, 2019
- 11:30am—The Lil' Smokies: Modern Music in the Bluegrass Tradition
- 1:00pm —Sara Watkins & Friends: Performance
- 2:30pm— Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 4:00pm —De Temps Antan: Québécois, Fiddles & Feet
All workshops and times are subject to change. Check the signboards at Elks Park for any last-minute changes.