Song School Guidelines
- No pets are allowed anywhere in the Festival grounds, campgrounds, or parking lots and cars. It would be cruel to bring your pet to this Festival. Dogs do not like crowds, heat or traffic. If you need to kennel your dog call:
- Blue Hills Kennel: 303-776-3907
- Cottonwood Boarding: 303-442-2603
- Doggie Dude Ranch: 303-682-0007
- Gunbarrel Kennels: 303-530-2500
- Audio taping the classes at the Song School is permitted (and often encourged). Recording devices must be self- contained (we do not provide AC outlets).
Due to lack of demand in previous years, the line for Song School will not begin until Saturday at noon. If you are arriving in Lyons prior to Saturday, please make alternate camping arrangements. Meadow Park is a municipal campground that does take reservations for the weekend before the Festival.
The specific rules for the Song School are as follows:
- You may begin lining up for Song School Camping at our parking area in Bohn Park on Thursday, August 13th at noon. No cars will be admitted prior to that time. YOU MAY NOT ARRIVE ANY EARLIER! NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Cars will line up and receive numbers in the order they arrive. They will be charged the following:
- Saturday - $10
- Sunday - no charge
- A staff member will stop by Saturday to collect money. Don't worry if you miss them. As long as your car does not leave the line, you will receive the appropriate line number. Be prepared to pay the full fee (based on your arrival day) on the Sunday morning before we move the line to the Planet Bluegrass Ranch.
- Vehicles with trailers will only be charged as one vehicle.
- Payment must be CASH only.
- Vehicles must remain in line in order to hold their space.
- If you are planning on “camping” in line, it must be done within your vehicle. No tents please. Also, please try to keep the noise down at night as you will be in a residential neighborhood. Be respectful of nice folks who live in that neighborhood and have to go to work in the morning.
- Facilities will be very limited. The main bathroom building at the park was destroyed by the 2013 flood. There will be trash and recycling services, but there is no electricity or hookups of any kind.
- At 10am on Sunday the line will be admitted onto the Festival grounds. The Sheriff’s department will assist us in bring the line over. Vehicles will be admitted in order according to your number. Don’t lose your number or you will have to go to the end of the line. All cars will be cleared from the line-up area at this time.