- No pets - including dogs, cats, birds, or any other animals - are allowed anywhere in the Festival grounds, campgrounds, or parking lots and cars. It would be cruel to bring your pet to this Festival. Dogs do not like crowds, heat, or traffic. If you need to kennel your dog, here are a few local options:
- Stone Canyon Kennels (in Lyons): 720-310-5515
- Blue Hills Kennel: 303-776-3907
- Cottonwood Boarding: 303-442-2603
- Doggie Dude Ranch: 303-682-0007
- Gunbarrel Kennels: 303-530-2500
- Alcohol, Glass and Video Cameras are not allowed on the Festival grounds. You are welcome to bring in your own food and soft drinks in appropriate containers. We serve beer at the Festival (don’t forget your ID) and we have a wide assortment of vendors with reasonably priced yummy food, cool crafts, clothes and other stuff.
- Audio taping the music at the festival is permitted. Recording devices must be self- contained (we do not provide AC outlets or patches from the sound board) and you may not obstruct the view of your fellow festivarians with your equipment. There is no designated area for taping.
- Please use only low back chairs. Highback chairs are allowed only in designated areas. Tarps are allowed to reserve space and to protect the grass.
- Smoking, dancing & hula-hooping are welcome in designated areas.
- No frisbee playing in the Festival.
- Children 12 and under are free for the Festival and camping, but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Unless your tickets were specified as will-call, they will be emailed to you within a week of placing your order. If you have not received this email after a week, please contact Planet Bluegrass - 800-624-2422 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Planet Bluegrass will not attempt to locate orders not received within 2 months of ordering and your order WILL NOT BE REPLACED.
- If you need a refund, please e-mail email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read: "Attn: Refunds - your name". Please include a copy of your e-mail confirmation along with exact details of your refund request.
- Refund requests for RockyGrass must be made by Friday, March 27, 2015.
- We will gladly refund you in the same manner that your tickets were purchased. There are NO REFUNDS AFTER these dates. No extensions or exceptions.
Due to our Festival lease agreements with the Town of Lyons, we must now charge $10 per day for camping and or parking at Bohn Park for the on-site camping line. The line entry procedure will remain the same as it has been for the past few years.
The rules for the festival on-site camping line are as follows:
- You may begin lining up for On-Site Camping at our parking area in Bohn Park on Sunday, July 19 at 4pm. No cars will be admitted prior to that time. If you do arrive earlier, you will need to exit Bohn Park and re-enter after 4pm to get your line number. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER!
- Cars will line up and receive numbers in the order they arrive. They will be charged the following:
- Sunday - $40
- Monday - $30
- Tuesday - $20
- Wednesday - $10
- Thursday - No charge
- Vehicles with trailers will only be charged as one vehicle.
- Payment must be CASH only.
- Vehicles must remain in line in order to hold their space.
- If you are planning on “camping” in line, it must be done within your vehicle. No tents please. Also, please try to keep the noise down at night as you will be in a residential neighborhood. Be respectful of nice folks who live in that neighborhood and have to go to work in the morning.
- Facilities will be limited. There are 2 bathroom buildings available at the park. There will also be trash and recycling services. There is no electricity or hookups of any kind.
- Staff will be on-hand starting every evening to take money and hand out numbers.
- At 6pm on Thursday the line will be admitted onto the Festival grounds. Plan to be in your vehicle by 5:30pm. The Sheriff’s department will assist us in bring the line over. Vehicles will be admitted in order according to your number. Don’t lose your number or you will have to go to the end of the line.
Because we have had many complaints about the overnight line to get into the show, we have established a new policy in hopes of creating a kinder, gentler, more Festivarian-like entry each morning. Please keep in mind that the entry line is a complicated logistical problem and we have developed these rules with a lot of experience and a number of factors in consideration. Our goal is to create an entry procedure that will be fair, orderly, and will satisfy the greatest number of Festivarians.
- Festivarians may not assemble for entry until midnight.
- Festivarians must be physically present, i.e. no empty chairs.
- Festivarians must be sitting up, not lying down.
- Festivarians must assemble in single-file.
- At some randomly chosen point during the night (to be determined by Planet Bluegrass), numbers will be distributed to all people in the “assembly area.” These numbers will be distributed in a random order, so that each person present at this time will have an equal chance of getting a low number.
- Once these numbers have been distributed, Festivarians may leave the assembly area for the rest of the night.
- About an hour before gates open, Festivarians with numbers will reconvene in the assembly area, forming a line in the order specified by their numbers.
- Festivarians will be admitted one-at-a-time in the order specified by their numbers.
- After all the Festivarians with numbers have been admitted, all other Festivarians will be admitted in a first-come first-served order.
- CAMPING IS SOLD PER PERSON AND PER VEHICLE NOT PER SITE. If there are two of you and you want to have your vehicle or RV at the campground with you, you must purchase two camping passes and one vehicle or RV pass in addition to your Festival passes.
- Showers are available inside the Festival in the Planet Bluegrass bathhouse.
- Fires are not allowed in any campgrounds.
- All camping areas close after the festival at noon on Monday, July 27, 2015.
- Lyons Numbers:
- National Forest Camping: 877-444-6777
- Lyons Chamber of Commerce: 303-823-5215
- Lyons Town Hall: 303-823-6622
A special request...
Every year, the biggest problem we have at the Lyons Festivals is Festivarians parking in residential areas and in front of businesses. When you come to the Festivals please park only in designated areas. There is a nominal fee, but it will strengthen the relationship with the town and its residents and secure the future of the Festivals. Thanks!