|Academy graduation in the St. Vrain|
Sorry, the 2015 RockyGrass Academy lottery is now closed. Any Academy spaces that are still available after we have processed all lottery entries, will go onsale on Wednesday, December 3 at 9am MST. Watch the main Academy page for details about any remaining classes.
The demand for the limited number of Academy spaces continues to grow each year. In an effort to make this process fair and simple for everyone, we will again be using an online lottery system for all 2015 Academy classes. The aim of these rules is to allow everyone an equal chance of getting in; without the hassle of spending an entire day playing the telephone lottery -- hitting redial, time after time. Please read the following rules carefully, good luck, and we look forward to seeing you this summer in Lyons.
- The lottery may only be entered using our secure online form. Sorry, the 2015 registration lottery is now closed.
- The 2015 Academy online lottery will be open from Monday, November 3 thru Wednesday, November 12 at 11:59pm MST. You may enter at any time while the lottery is open. The time/date of your entry is irrelevant since we select lottery entries at random.
- You may only enter one (1) lottery form per person. Additional entries will be deleted.
- You must pay for your tickets with a credit card. Your credit card will only be deposited if your lottery application can be filled. Otherwise, you will not be charged any fees and your credit card information will be discarded.
- If your credit card payment is rejected your order will be disqualified.
- To avoid this transaction being falsely rejected by your credit card company, we recommend you alert your credit card provider that you may be receiving a charge from Planet Bluegrass in Lyons, CO the week of November 13.
- The $125 deposit is nonrefundable. If we are able to place you in one of your desired classes, you will be charged this $125 nonrefundable deposit. You will not be charged if we are unable to place you in one of your requested classes.
- Your lottery entry is not transferable. If you sign up for a class, you must take the class or your nonrefundable deposit will be forfeited. The name on the lottery form cannot be changed at a later date.
Kids camp bass class
- You must select one (1) specific class in the Academy, e.g. "Advanced guitar."
- If you play another instrument or you are also interested in one of our other types of classes (e.g. instrument building), you may list one (1) second-choice class, e.g. "Intermediate fiddle." This second-choice must be on a different instrument or a different type of class (e.g. songwriting or mandola building). Please remember: you must be at least a novice player to attend the Academy.
- You may enter up to two (2) kids in the Kids Camp. If your entry is accepted, the kids will be placed in the Kids Camp if space is available. Kids Camp students must be accompanied by adults in the Academy. Please note: Kids Camp students should not submit their own lottery form.
- We will not be selling guest passes through the lottery. Details about purchasing a guest pass for a qualified guest (a family member with whom you are sharing a tent) will be sent to you once you have been accepted into the Academy. These guest passes will be sold on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
- Your Academy registration fee includes camping and a vehicle pass for the duration of the Academy -- July 19-23, 2015. But it does not include passes, camping, or vehicles for the RockyGrass Festival - July 24-26, 2015.
- You may request one (1) on-site camping pass for the RockyGrass Festival through the Academy lottery.
- You may request one (1) on-site vehicle pass for the RockyGrass Festival through this lottery form. Once again in 2015: no RVs will be allowed in the on-site campground during the Festival. A vehicle pass for the Festival will allow a vehicle up to 21 feet in length.
What happens next?
Shortly after the lottery closes, we will begin randomly selecting entries from all lottery submissions using computer-generated random numbers. As we process each entry, we will enter each applicant into their desired Academy classes as space remains available.
We will notify all Academy lottery applicants about their status before the RockyGrass on-site lottery opens on November 17. If your first and second choice classes are both full when your entry is chosen, we will not process your entry and your credit card information will be discarded.
Purchasing on-site camping for the Festival...
If you are hoping to remain in your Academy campsite through the RockyGrass Festival, you should request an on-site camping pass in the Academy lottery. You will be notified about the status of your Academy lottery application before the RockyGrass On-Site Camping lottery opens on November 17. If you did not receive on-site camping through the Academy lottery, you can then enter the RockyGrass on-site camping lottery.