Volunteering for Planet Bluegrass Events
The magic of Planet Bluegrass festivals is possible, in no small part, thanks to the hard work of many hardworking volunteers. Volunteering includes the following:
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival: Four 4-hour shifts in exchange for a 4-day pass. You must work a morning (8am-noon), afternoon (noon-4pm), evening (4pm-8pm) and night (8pm-midnight) shift.
- RockyGrass and Folks Fest: Three 3.5-hour shifts, consisting of a morning, afternoon and night, in exchange for a 3-day pass.
As a volunteer, you will be greeting and dealing with the public - a task which requires many warm smiles and kind words. In general, you will make sure each festivarian has on the proper wristband, check backpacks for items not allowed, and/or direct vehicles where to park.
Important Reminder for all Festivals
Remember, volunteers represent Planet Bluegrass to thousands of festivarians. If the thought of remaining sober during your shifts bums you out, volunteering is not for you. If greeting and helping festivarians does seem like something you want to do, then volunteering is for you. We want friendly, fun-loving Planetarians only, thank you!
As a reminder, camping is not included. Thank you for your interest and willingness to participate at our festivals.
If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-624-2422 x111 or 303-823-0848 x111.
2013 Volunteer Applications
We will begin accepting new volunteer applications for our 2013 festivals on the following dates.
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival volunteers - application opens December 3
- RockyGrass volunteers - application opens January 22
- Folks Fest volunteers - application opens January 22