2015 Elks Park Workshops
|Doc Watson Tribute at Elks Park
(photo Benko Photographics)
A long-standing Telluride tradition, workshops are presented during the 4 days of the Festival. These intimate events bring together unique musical collaborations and more informal performances from festival artists as well as the preliminary rounds for both the Telluride Troubadour and band contests.
These events are presented free to all Festivarians at Elks Park, located on the south side of Colorado Avenue directly across from the Sheridan Opera House. (And don't forget about the free FirstGrass show in Mountain Village on Wednesday afternoon.)
Watch for the announcement of the Elks Park schedule in the weeks leading up to the festival. In the meantime, have a look at last year's schedule to get an idea of what Elks Park is all about...
Last Year's Elks Park schedule
- Thursday, June 19, 2014 (last year)
- 11:00am — Pete Kartsounes: Performance
- Noon — Troubadour Contest: Preliminary Round
- 2:00pm — Melody Walker & Jacob Groopman (of Front Country): Performance
- 3:15pm — Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 4:30pm — Greensky Bluegrass: Happy Hour
- Friday, June 20, 2014 (last year)
- 10:00am — Band Contest: Preliminary Round
- Noon — Yonder Mountain String Band, Sarah Jarosz & Sara Watkins: What's a Workshop?
- 1:45pm — Peter Rowan & Yungchen Lhamo: Mountain to Mountain
- 3:00pm — Troubadour Contest: Final Round
- 3:45pm — Bryan Sutton & Chris Eldridge: Bryan Sutton & Chris Eldridge Sing & Play Guitar
- 5:00pm — Troubadour winner announcement
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 (last year)
- 10:30am — Michael Hornick, Bobby Wintringham & Friends: Instrument Building
- 11:45am — Sara Watkins & Sean Watkins: Watkins Family Hour
- 1:00pm — Dave Bruzza & Paul Hoffman (of Greensky Bluegrass): Phoffman, Bruzza & 2 Guitars
- 2:15pm — Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 3:30pm — FrazierBand: New Newgrass from Nashville
- 4:45pm — Adam Stockdale & Friends: Albatross
- Sunday, June 22, 2014 (last year)
- 11:30am— Telluride Troubadours: In the Round
- 1:00pm — Stuart Duncan & Noam Pikelny: Fiddle & Banjo
- 2:30pm — Willie Watson: Sea Shanties, Work Songs & Sing-Alongs
- 4:00pm — Aoife O'Donovan, Tift Merritt, Sarah Jarosz, Sara Watkins & Nicki Bluhm: Songwriting
All workshops and times are subject to change. Check the signboards at Elks Park for any last-minute changes.