Our Book: 40 Years of Festivation
|Our book is onsale now!
After years of research, writing, and careful curation, we are excited to share our first-ever book -- available now at shop.bluegrass.com, many fine booksellers around Colorado, or from .
Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 40 Years of Festivation is a gorgeous 216-page, elegantly hardbound collector's edition book (just 5,000 copies in print). The book features more than 350 photos; essays by Sam Bush, Chris Thile, Bela Fleck, Emmylou Harris, Tim O'Brien, Jerry Douglas, Winston Marshall (of Mumford & Sons), and several dozen others; gorgeous full-page reproductions of each year's art poster; complete festival lineups; and year-by-year accounts by our 29-year festival MC Pastor Mustard.
How Do I Buy One?
|Hardbound in Spanish Leather with
debossed Sam Bush lenticular image
Of course, you really need to hold the book in your own hands to appreciate the rich colors, classy design, and attention to every fine detail. Check out the book in-person at fine booksellers around Colorado including:
- Boulder Bookstore (Boulder)
- HB Woodsongs (Boulder)
- Olde Town Pickin' Parlor (Arvada)
- Tattered Cover (Denver)
- Telluride Music Company (Telluride)
- Between the Covers (Telluride)
- Explore Booksellers (Aspen)
We have only printed 5,000 copies of this limited hardbound edition, so the book will only be available while supplies last. (10,000 Festivarians attend Telluride Bluegrass every year, so you can do the math.)
Coverage in the Press
- The book has been honored with some wonderful reviews, including Huffington Post, Marquee Magazine(5/5 stars!), No Depression, Relix, Boulder Weekly, The Bluegrass Situation, and Listen Up Denver.
- Read Pastor Mustard's complete introduction in the print and online editions of Denver Westword.
- Check out several interviews with the book's author Pastor Mustard (aka Dan Sadowsky) in the Denver Post, Telluride Inside & Out, and Aspen Public Radio.
- View a gallery of posters from the book at Colorado Public Radio
|Updated photo credits page|
Thanks to the many photographers who have focused their artistry on capturing the magic of Telluride Bluegrass. We've worked hard to credit each of the contributors to this 40-year collection, but there were a few we weren't able to properly credit in the initial printing.
View the listing of all photography credits including the latest additions and corrections. Or download an updated "Photo Credits" page (26k PDF) to print and include in your copy of Forty Years of Festivation. Our deepest gratitude goes out to everyone who has chronicled this Festival's rich visual legacy.
Each festival year features: a gorgeous full-page reproduction of the festival artwork opposite an essay by Pastor Mustard, the year's complete festival lineup, and stunning photos curated from dozens of photographers over the festival's 40 years. Interleaved throughout the years are personal essays from over two dozen festival artists and crew, as well as break-out spreads on unique Telluride Bluegrass institutions including the tarp run, the House Band, and the mythology of Festivarians and Planet Bluegrass.
Keep Me Updated
Sign up to be notified about the Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 40 Years of Festivation book, including a reminder when the book goes onsale online.