|Wildflower Pavilion during RockyGrass
(photo Benko Photographics)
Beyond the main stage, the more intimate Wildflower Pavilion hosts contests, workshops, and special performances. Located in the back of the Festival grounds next to the family area and beach, the 300-seat Wildflower Pavilion provides a refreshing break from the summer sun (or afternoon rain) and some unforgettable performances throughout the Festival. Stop by the Wildflower on your way to the beer booth or between main stage sets for some bluegrass inspiration!
2016 Wildflower Schedule
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- 11:30am — Banjo Contest: Preliminary Round
- 1:00pm — Flatpick Guitar Contest: Preliminary Round
- 2:30pm — Mandolin Contest: Preliminary Round
- 4:00pm — Fiddle Contest: Preliminary Round
- 5:30pm — Dobro Contest: Preliminary Round
- Saturday, July 30, 2016
- 12:30pm — David Grier: One Man Band
- 1:30pm — Band Contest: Preliminary Round
- 3:45pm — John Reischman: Tunes & Techniques
- 5:00pm — ArtistWorks All-Star Bluegrass Band featuring Bryan Sutton, Tony Trischka, Michael Daves, Andy Hall, Mike Marshall, Darol Anger, Missy Raines and Mike Block
- Sunday, July 31, 2016
- 12:30pm — Shepherd Valley Waldorf School Strings
- 1:30pm — Band Contest: Final Round
- 3:00pm — Slocan Ramblers: Performance
- 4:30pm — Justin Hoffenberg & Dominick Leslie: Growing Up at RockyGrass
Workshops are subject to change. Please check the signs outside the Wildflower Pavilion for the latest information.
After the festival, plan to join us in the Wildflower Pavilion throughout the year for intimate concerts in our Wildflower Concert Series. Thanks to our new sliding doors, we are able to fully enclose the "cathedral of bluegrass" for intimate concerts all year long.