Volunteering for RockyGrass
We are now accepting new volunteer applications for the 2016 RockyGrass Festival. After reading the following information carefully, proceed to the online volunteer application via the link at the bottom of this page. Thanks for your interest, volunteers are the BEST!
|RockyGrass customs gate|
We are in full swing preparing for the 2016 RockyGrass. We look forward to a weekend filled with music and community here at the ranch in Lyons. Part of what makes all of our festivals magical are the folks that volunteer to help us out. Each volunteer contributes their time and energy during the festival in exchange for a 3-day festival pass.
Remember, volunteers represent Planet Bluegrass to thousands of festivarians. If the thought of remaining sober during your shifts bums you out, volunteering is not for you. If greeting and helping festivarians does seem like something you want to do, then volunteering is for you. We want friendly, fun-loving festivarians only, thank you!
2016 Volunteering Specifics
Please read the volunteer guidelines thoroughly and fill out the application in its entirety. Please note: Volunteers are placed on a first-come, first-serve basis, the only exception will be a preference for previous recommended Planet Bluegrass volunteers.
Only volunteers who can commit to all 3 days of the festival will be considered. You will be assigned three, 3.5-4 hour shifts, consisting of a morning, afternoon, and night, in exchange for a 3-day pass. There are a few positions on the Thursday before the festival.
The following must be included with your application to be considered for a volunteer:
- Complete the online volunteer application. Only applications that are completed in their entirety will be considered.
- Provide your application fee of $12.00, which is a non-refundable processing fee and will be cashed (if you are accepted as a volunteer) via your credit card (specified in the secure online volunteer application).
- Please note, that this card will be used to charge the deposit of $170 if you do not fulfill your obligations as a volunteer. You can cancel without penalty up until June 27th.
- If you have already purchased a 3-day pass or a 3-day pass with On-Site Camping:
- We will refund you for the festival portion of the pass (please fill out the appropriate order information on the application).
- You will be required to turn in your ticketing information to email@example.com in order to receive your refund.
What Happens Next?
Once you submit your application, you will automatically receive an email letting you know we received your application. It does not mean you have been accepted. All positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, the only exception will be a preference for previous recommended Planet Bluegrass volunteers. If you are accepted as a volunteer you will receive 4 emails by early July.
- A confirmation that we have received your application.
- An acceptance email
- Your location and schedule email (approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the festival)
- A reminder email.
If you have not heard from us by early July and you are still interested in volunteering, there may be last minute positions. If you are not still interested, please let us know and we will cancel your application and discard your credit card information.
Reminder for all Festival Volunteers
Thank you for your interest and willingness to participate at our festivals. As a reminder, camping is not included. Check our website for camping information. Please direct all volunteer questions to our volunteer coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, 303-823-0848 x106.
RockyGrass Volunteer FAQ’s
- How does volunteering work?
- You will be refunded for the festival portion of the ticket. You will need to fill out your order information on the application or send email@example.com your order information to secure your refund.
- What if I already bought a ticket?
- If you bought a ticket, you need to turn it in when you check in at the Special Will Call line of the festival box office. After you have fulfilled your volunteer obligation we’ll refund the purchase price of a 3-day festival pass.
- Is camping included?
- Camping is NOT included, but we will have several camping areas available. You can purchase tickets over the phone or via our website if they are still available.
- What if I need to cancel?
- You can cancel up until June 27 without any penalty. After June 27, you will be charged the full $170 deposit.
- Can my children accompany me in volunteering?
- We need your full attention during your scheduled volunteer shifts. So no, children may not accompany you during your volunteer shifts. They are welcome at the festival and in the campgrounds.
- What if I must see my favorite band?
- We’ll make a valiant effort to schedule you around your favorite band, but we can’t guarantee it. Please note on your application the one band that you can’t miss (if there is one).
- What if I must work with my friend?
- There is a section on the application where you can put the person(s) name. Please submit applications within the same week. If you submit them too far apart the times may be filled.
|RockyGrass tarp rush|
RockyGrass Volunteer Positions
- Box Office
- If assigned to the box office, you will meet and greet festivarians, exchange tickets for wristbands, sell festival tickets, help direct festivarians, and answer questions. We are looking for organized and friendly folks who are willing to help out in a fast-paced environment.
- If working at customs, you’ll greet festivarians, check that festivarians are adorned with the proper wristband, and gently check backpacks for glass & alcohol. This is the main entrance to the festival and sets the tone of friendly festivarianism. This position is for people who can work quickly with a smile.
- VIP Parking
- Parking duties include greeting festivarians, checking to make sure that folks have the proper credentials including parking passes and wristbands, directing vehicles, maintaining proper traffic flow, and assuring that folks park properly. We are looking for people that pay attention to detail, can help confidently direct traffic and can work in the elements of sun, rain, wind and dust.
- West Gate Festival Entrance
- Duties include checking for appropriate festivarian wristbands, educating campers on rules and regulations, and gently check backpacks for glass & alcohol. This is one of the entrances to the festival and sets the tone of friendly festivarianism. This position is for people who can work quickly with a smile.
- Libation Station
- Duties include pouring coffee and beer while having a BLAST! You must be 21 years of age to volunteer for this position. We are looking for folks that are outgoing and willing to have fun with every festivarian. Smiling and laughing are highly encouraged while an ability to work quickly and with money is a must. There are many return volunteers for this position, so it fills up quickly.
- Meadow Park & River Bend Camp Gates
- Camp gate objectives are to greet festivarians, exchange camping tickets for wristbands, check wristbands, educate campers on all rules and regulations, and have fun!
- Front Gate
- Greet festivarians with a kind word, direct traffic, check tickets, vehicle stickers, wristbands, and direct festivarians to the Box Office if necessary.