|Academy graduation in the St. Vrain|
Sorry, the 2013 Academy lottery is now closed.
The demand for the limited number of Academy spaces continues to grow each year. In an effort to make this process fair and simple for everyone, we will again be using an online lottery system for all Academy classes this year. The aim of these rules is to allow everyone an equal chance of getting in; without the hassle of spending an entire day playing the telephone lottery - hitting redial, time after time. Please read the following rules carefully, good luck, and we look forward to seeing you this summer in Lyons.
- The lottery may only be entered using our secure online form. Sorry, the 2013 registration lottery is now closed.
- The Academy online lottery will be open from Monday, November 5 thru Wednesday, November 14 at 11:59pm MST. You may enter at any time while the lottery is open. The time/date of your entry is irrelevant since we select lottery entries at random.
- You may only enter one (1) lottery form per person. Additional entries will be deleted.
- You may elect to pay for your tickets with either a credit card or a personal check. If paying by check, your check must arrive at Planet Bluegrass by the lottery closing date of November 14.
- If your credit card payment is rejected, your check bounces, or your check does not arrive your order will be disqualified.
- To avoid this transaction being falsely rejected by your credit card company, we recommend you alert your credit card provider that you may be receiving a charge from Planet Bluegrass in Lyons, CO the week of November 14.
- The $125 deposit is nonrefundable. If we are able to place you in one of your desired classes, you will be charged for this $125 nonrefundable deposit.
- Your lottery entry is not transferable. If you sign up for a class, you must take the class or your nonrefundable deposit will be forfeited. The name on the lottery form cannot be changed at a later date.
Kids camp bass class
- You must select one (1) specific class in the Academy, e.g. "Advanced guitar."
- If you play another instrument or would be interested in one of our other types of classes (e.g. instrument building), you may list one (1) second-choice class, e.g. "Intermediate fiddle." This second-choice must be on a different instrument or a different type of class (e.g. songwriting or mandola building). Please remember: you must be at least a novice player to attend the Academy.
- You may enter up to two (2) kids in the Kids Camp. If your entry is accepted, the kids will be placed in the Kids Camp if space is available. Kids Camp students must be accompanied by adults in the Academy. Please note: Kids Camp students should not submit their own lottery form.
- We will not be selling guest passes through the lottery. Details about purchasing a guest pass for a qualified guest (a family member with whom you are sharing a tent) will be sent to you once you have been accepted into the Academy. These guest passes will be sold on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
- Your Academy registration fee includes camping and a vehicle pass for the duration of the Academy - July 21-25, 2013. But it does not include passes, camping, or vehicles for the RockyGrass Festival - July 26-28, 2013.
- You may purchase one (1) on-site camping pass for the RockyGrass Festival through the Academy lottery.
- You may sign up for one (1) on-site vehicle pass for the Festival through this lottery form. Once again in 2013: no RVs will be allowed in the on-site campground during the Festival. A vehicle pass for the Festival will allow a vehicle up to 21 feet in length.
What happens next?
Shortly after the lottery closes, we will begin randomly selecting entries from all lottery submissions using computer-generated random numbers. As we process each entry, we will enter each applicant into their desired Academy classes as space remains available.
We will notify all Academy lottery applicants about their status before the RockyGrass on-site lottery opens on November 19. If your first and second choice classes are both full when your entry is chosen, we will not process your entry and your credit card will not be charged / your check will not be deposited.
Purchasing on-site camping for the Festival...
If you are planning on purchasing on-site camping for the RockyGrass Festival, you should select on-site camping in the Academy lottery. You will be notified before the beginning of the RockyGrass On-Site Camping lottery on November 19 with the status of your Academy lottery application. If you did not receive on-site camping through the Academy lottery, you can then enter the RockyGrass on-site camping lottery.