A Few Guidelines
|Main Stage at the Ranch
(photo Dorothy St. Claire)
- No Pets - including dogs, cats, birds, or any other animals - are allowed anywhere in the festival grounds, campgrounds, or parking lots and cars. It would be cruel to bring your pet to this event. Dogs do not like crowds, heat, or traffic. If you need to kennel your dog call:
- Blue Hills Kennel: 303-776-3907
- Cottonwood Boarding: 303-442-2603
- Doggie Dude Ranch: 303-682-0007
- Gunbarrel Kennels: 303-530-2500
- Alcohol, Glass and Video Cameras are not allowed on the Festival grounds. You are welcome to bring in your own food and soft drinks in appropriate containers. We serve New Belgium beer (don’t forget your ID) and we have several food vendors with reasonably priced yummy food and snacks.
- Audio taping the music at the festival is permitted. Recording devices must be self- contained (we do not provide AC outlets or patches from the soundboard) and you may not obstruct the view of your fellow festivarians with your equipment. There is no designated area for taping.
- Smoking, dancing & hula-hooping are welcome in designated areas.
- No frisbee playing inside the Festival grounds.
- Children 12 and under are free for the Festival and camping, but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Tarp / Seating Policy
- Unlike other Planet Bluegrass festivals in Lyons, the front-center section will be open for standing/dancing.
- We're all Kinfolk this weekend, so there will be no poseur pit for the Kinfolk Celebration. The standing/dancing area will extend to within a few feet of the stage.
- Tarps and low-back chairs will be welcome behind the soundbooth and in front of the soundbooth to the left and right of the stage.
|The Kinfolk experience in 2012
(photo Dorothy St. Claire)
- Unless your tickets were specified as will-call, they will be emailed to you within a week of placing your order. If you have not received this email after a week, please contact Planet Bluegrass - 800-624-2422 / email@example.com. Planet Bluegrass will not attempt to locate orders not received within 2 months of ordering and your order WILL NOT BE REPLACED.
- Tickets and camping passes for the Kinfolk Celebration are non-refundable.
The rules for the festival on-site camping line are as follows:
- You may begin lining up for On-Site Camping at our parking area in Bohn Park on Thursday, September 18 at 9am. No cars will be admitted prior to that time. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER!
- Cars will line up and receive numbers in the order they arrive.
- Vehicles must remain in line to hold their space in the lineup order.
- At 4pm on Thursday the line will be admitted onto the Festival grounds. Vehicles will be admitted in order according to their number. Don't lose your number or you will have to go to the end of the line.
A special request...
Every year, the biggest complaint we receive from our Lyons neighbors is Festivarians parking in residential areas and in front of businesses. When you come to the Celebration please park only in designated areas. There is a nominal fee ($5 for the entire weekend), but it will strengthen the relationship with the town and its residents and secure the future of Planet Bluegrass. Thanks!